IN 2017, MORE THAN HALF OF THE
U.S. ADULT ONLINE POPULATION
WERE VICTIMS OF CYBERCRIME.
Getting Back to Basics to Help Prevent Cybercrime
The realities of cybercrime can feel daunting, but following the below cyber security tips can help.
- Craft a strong, unique password using a phrase that consists of a string of words that are easy for you to memorize, but hard for others to guess. The longer, the better!
- Using unprotected Wi-Fi can leave your personal data vulnerable to eavesdropping by strangers using the same network.so avoid anything that involves sharing your personal information when connected to an open Wi-Fi network. When you do use public Wi-Fi, use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to secure your connection and maintain your privacy while online.
- Make it a habit to change default passwords on all network-connected devices, like smart thermostats or Wi-Fi routers, during set-up. If you decide not to use Internet features on various devices, disable remote access as an extra precaution.
- Think twice before opening unsolicited messages or attachments, particularly from people you don’t know. And never click on random links.
- Protect all your devices with a robust, multi-platform security software solution to help protect against the latest threats.
to learn more click on the link below