Cisco Jabber is an app for your mobile phone which allows you to place and receive phone calls on your NEIT phone extension from anywhere. You do not have to be near your desk phone to use Jabber. Once you have performed the steps below, use Jabber to place and receive calls as if you were sitting at your desk.
- If you already have Jabber installed on your mobile device, you will have to uninstall it before performing the remaining steps.
- Go to the App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android) to install Cisco Jabber. After you install it, DO NOT OPEN IT OR ATTEMPT TO LOGON!
- Go to your email app and open this email message. Click on the link below from your mobile phone.
- Click on the appropriate Jabber Provisioning on the page that comes up.
- ACCEPT any popups. Jabber should launch and point to the NEIT phone service.
- Username : <username>@neit.cbts-ehcs.com
THIS IS THE SAME USERNAME YOU USE TO LOGON TO YOUR COMPUTER AT WORK. USUALLY THIS IS <first initial><last name>. Example: email@example.com
- Password : Your NEIT EMAIL/Windows
- Once you are logged on, use the Contacts icon to search for a NEIT user with a phone. Type in the person’s name and when it appears, tap the name. If the person has Jabber enabled, Jabber will display Available. If not, it will display Either way, you can tap the phone on the top right and dial the person’s 4-digit extension. The phone will ring at their desk and if they have configured Jabber, it will also ring on their mobile phone.
- You can also chat with anyone who is Available using the Chats icon.
Calls made from within Jabber will display your name to the recipient, but no phone number will be displayed. To make an outgoing call to the public, tap the phone icon and then select Keypad. Your call will show to the recipient like this: